[Nml-wg] NML meeting in Taiwan

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Mon Jan 17 08:56:25 CST 2011

Jeroen,

Thank you for making the minutes of last weeks' call! It's much appreciated.

> * GLIF and OGF attendance
> Guy notes that NSI will have a meeting at GLIF, and probably a smaller
> meeting at OGF.
> Jeroen will attend GLIF, but not OGF.
> Jason is trying to get approval to go to OGF, right now of Internet2
> only Matt Z. is planning to go to GLIF.
> When Jason goes to OGF, he will request some sessions for NML. It looks
> like these will probably have more of an outreach nature than continuing
> our discussions.

What I understand now is that Jeroen and Jason will most likely not able
to attend OGF in Taiwan.

> * Serial Compound Relations Syntax
> Freek put this on the agenda to close our discussion we had on the
> mailinglist. We had a too small group to make a decision on this.
> It would also help if we had a summary of the discussion until right
> now. Freek, could you provide that?

That probably also boils down to understanding all examples that have
been given. Unfortunately, I don't understand all details yet, and am
occupied at the moment.

What I can do is work with Jeroen and Jason to understand their
examples, and try to put them into nit-picking detailed questions as I
did earlier with the identifiers. Does that help? I'm aware I take all
the fun away, so I hope there are better options. However, I currently
can think of none, so I'll take that approach.

> * Next Conference Call
> Our next scheduled call would be on January 27th, however at that date
> prof. Cees de Laat is giving his oration, so Jeroen is not able to attend.

Same holds for me.

> Would there be any objects to move the NML call to a week later, i.e.
> February 3rd? The call would then be scheduled a little later, after the
> NMC call, which probably ends around UTC 16:30 = EST 11:30 = 8:30 PDT =
> 17:30 CET.

I'm fine either way. Unless there are no objects, let's stick to Feb 3.
The NMC calls are often quite short, so I'm fine doing them in sequence
(or should I say serial compound? ;) )