[Nml-wg] Reminder Teleconference Dec 1st

Aaron Brown aaron at internet2.edu
Thu Dec 1 10:38:28 CST 2011

On Dec 1, 2011, at 11:23 AM, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We've had a very short call today with Freek, Aaron and Jeroen present. Due to SC and Terena submissions not much was achieved, so most of the actionpoints are carried over to the next teleconference on Dec 15th.
>
> We briefly discussed the NSI Automated GOLE demonstration.
>
> Poster describing the topology format is at http://sc.delaat.net/sc11/2011-11-11_AutomatedGole.pdf and a movie showing dataplane activity is at http://sc.delaat.net/sc11/autogole.html .
> Note that this had actual dataplane connectivity for the demonstration, only there was no application to actually use it, other than ping ;) (but it did work!).
>
> There are some worries regarding the topology descriptions. The group feels that using a mapping methodology for describing labels is going to work. Aaron is going to send actual usage numbers of the Internet2 ION service to the list to show what kind of scale we would be talking about.

It only took a few moments to grab both ION's and ESnet's (thank you hacky perl script):

ION:
Total Ports: 184
Total VLANs: 617803

ESnet:
Total Ports: 998
Total VLANs: 2766735

Cheers,
Aaron

> One action point is being worked on: the subversion notifications should become possible once the GridForge has moved to its new hosting environment. That is still ongoing as we speak though.
>
> Jeroen.
>

> On 28 Nov 2011, at 10:58, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just a reminder that we have a teleconference coming up again on Dec 1st.
>>
>> We'll use the usual time and place:
>> UTC 16:00 = 8:00 PDT = EDT 11:00 = 17:00 CEST.
>>
>> Call: +1-734-615-7474 (Please use if you do not pay for Long Distance)
>> or +1-866-411-0013 (toll free US/Canada Only)
>> Enter access code: 0186145
>>
>>> Action points:
>>> - Jeroen will look at OWL subProperties
>>> - Jeroen will try to clean up the XML examples (both code and capitalisation)
>>> - Freek provides clarification on the broadcastSwitchingType example
>>> - Whole group: think about a practical way to define uni-directional ports
>>> - Jeroen note URN issues in schema doc
>>> - Jeroen looks at Gridforge notifications.
>>
>> Jeroen.

Winter 2012 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs, January 22-26
Hosted by the Louisiana Optical Network Intitiative (LONI)
http://events.internet2.edu/2012/jt-loni/index.cfm