[Nml-wg] Possibility of changes (was Re: Interface vs Port)

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Tue Aug 30 10:36:56 CDT 2011

Hello,

Just out of curiosity, how much change is still acceptable for current implementations?

We've had two discussions now where the argument has come up that there are currently implementations that do things a certain way, and that we therefore should be hesitant to change.

Now I'm certainly not planning a major overhaul of NML, and things have been reasonably static for a while, but as far as I know we have not reached a status of complete agreement. To me, we're still in a status where implementations based on NML are taking a risk.

For example, I'm currently working on an implementation of topologies cooperating with the NSI plugfest. This implementation is deliberately not using the NML namespace, because I don't want developers to feel that we've reached agreement yet.
Things may still change, and if they would, it should not be a big deal to them.

Jeroen.