[Nml-wg] XML syntax for NML relations

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Tue Aug 23 18:34:47 CDT 2011

Jason Zurawski wrote:
> Changing how a parser behaves is akin to writing a new parser.  You are
> altering something that was designed to handle the XML or XML schematic
> spec.

I don't understand. Change what? Altering what?

I wrote:
> The bottom line is that we should DEFINE in the NML specification how
> parsers should behave in [..] case [an unknown XML is encountered].

I don't recall that an existing NML parsers exists (I am aware of Pynt,
which is a NDL parser, and perfSONAR-PS and perfSONAR-MDM, which are NM
parsers).

But let's for a moment assume such a parser exists, all I am saying is
that it would be useful useful to DOCUMENT its behaviour.

I'm not asking for whatever behaviour you think is desirable to change,
altered or jump through loops. I'm asking for whatever is out there (or
is going to be written) to be documented.

Really.

Please don't mix in other discussions. It is complicating enough getting
the two of us on the same par. :)