[Nml-wg] Network laydowns

Guilherme Koslovski guilherme.koslovski at ens-lyon.fr
Thu Aug 4 08:59:22 CDT 2011

Dear Jessica,

related with your question, I would like to point you to VXDLforum (http://www.vxdlforum.org), an international community for developing standards for Virtual Infrastructures (VIs) modeling.
By using this forum, you can find a description about VXDL, a language for modeling network and IT resources in a combined way, and interact with some projects and developers that are using VXDL for representing their VIs.

VXDL is a language for facilitating the specification and the manipulation of VIs. The purpose of this language is to simplify the dialogue between users and providers by providing a grammar independent of the underlying physical substrate.
As VXDL proposes a high-level description, I think it should be interesting in your context.

Hope this forum can help you.
Best regards,
Guilherme Koslovski

On Aug 3, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Connah Jessica J wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently working on a project looking at capturing networks in a tool agnostic way so that we can then easily migrate the networks onto different tools.  I am interested in the outputs of your working group and what you decided was the best way to tackle this problem.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jessica Connah
> Future Network Systems
> Information Management Department
> Tel: +44(0)1980 65 8238
> Email: jjconnah at mail.dstl.gov.uk
>
> Rm 202, Building 5
> Dstl Porton Down
> Salisbury, SP4 0JQ
>
> "This e-mail and any attachment(s) is intended for the recipient only.   Its unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.  Communications with Dstl are monitored and/or recorded for system efficiency and other lawful purposes, including business intelligence, business metrics and training.  Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect Dstl policy."
>
> "If you are not the intended recipient, please remove it from your system and notify the author of the email and centralenq at dstl.gov.uk"

Guilherme Koslovski
ENS - Lyon
INRIA RESO team