[Nml-wg] Conference Call

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Thu Apr 7 10:37:32 CDT 2011

Notes of the conference call and action points at the bottom.
Any comments or additions are welcome.

Jeroen.

Attending were: Guy Roberts, Freek Dijkstra, Aaron Brown, Martin Swany,
Gigi Karmous-Edwards, and Jeroen van der Ham.

NML is ramping up again after a short period of inactivity. There has
been an outreach session in Taipei presented by Cees de Laat, with about
6 people listening.

Jeroen notes that it seems time to pick up writing of the schema
document again, because it seems we have "violent agreement" on the
schema diagram right now (attached).

Freek will write the identifiers section. He proposes to write some
standard stuff on how to compare them, what namespace of OGF to use,
etc. Martin worries that it should not get too specific to stir up
discussion in GENI, GLIF or other groups.

Jeroen will start reviewing and updating the schema section of the
document and then pass it to Martin.

The examples section could be written using the examples that Jason and
Jeroen used on the mailinglist some time back. [Update: these were
committed to a repository some time back:
http://forge.ogf.org/integration/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/?root=nml-examples&system=exsy1001
]

Freek informs about the work John MacAuley has been doing, Freek
received some questions about using NML in WSDLs. Guy mentions that John
has been working hard on implementing NSI in WSDL.

Jeroen notes that there is an Automated GOLE demonstration in GLIF where
he is now pushing a very simplified version of NML using a graphical
editor. This should spark some interest in GOLE operators about the
usefulness of topology exchange. Hopefully this leads to more
implementation and feedback to NML.

Guy mentions that there is also work in GEANT on a GUI for topology
descriptions, which he will send to the list.

Action Points:

- Freek will finish a draft of the identifiers section in 4 weeks.
- Jeroen will review the schema section and update it.
- Jeroen will dig up the topology examples again
- Aaron will review the XML version to see if it still fits with their work
- Guy will send info the list on GEANT topology editting.