[Nml-wg] Definitions of Topology, Domain and Network

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Wed Jan 13 07:12:59 CST 2010

Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> As agreed at the last OGF, Inder and I have worked on the definitions of
> Network, Topology and Domain.

Inder and Jeroen,

Thank you for your contribution on the terms "Topology" and "Domain".
Could I ask you to take step two and refine the definitions with the
feedback from the group members?

As I understand, the open questions are:

- Topology: How is "connected" defined?

- Topology: you refer to "graph". What are the nodes and edges in this
graph? (or did you mean to say "collection" instead?)

- Domain: It is defined a collection of *network* elements, so a
collection of both network and computing elements is *not* a domain. Is
that intended?

- Is it correct that the distinction between topology and domain is the
same distinction as transport and service plane?

Regards,