[Nml-wg] Definitions of Topology, Domain and Network

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Mon Feb 1 14:51:38 CST 2010

Hello,

We took your comments, went back to our definitions and updated some of
them. The new definitions are below:

Topology: A set of Network Elements and the links connecting them

NetworkDomain: An unordered collection of Network Elements managed under
the same shared policy umbrella.

To make the distinction clearer that we are describing network elements
only, we're calling this a NetworkDomain instead of a regular Domain.

Jeroen.