[Nml-wg] Serial compound relations

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Tue Dec 14 08:30:16 CST 2010

Hi,

On 14/12/2010 13:51, Roman Łapacz wrote:
> I like that modified example because it gives solutions for ordering and
> grouping the links of the circuit. Just one comment: I don't think we
> need 'id' attribute for ordering. Both attributes (id and idRef) in
> 'link' element may confuse. One can use real id references (they are
> unique). See below (I removed the namespace for 'id' and 'idRef'
> attributes as I support dropping them; I also removed the type of link
> as its 'link' value may be default):
>

> <nml:link id="urn:ogf:network:example.net:pathAC">
>     <nml:relation type="serialcompound">
>         <nml:link idRef="urn:ogf:network:example.net:segmentAB">
>             <nml:relation type="next-hop">
>                 <link idRef="urn:ogf:network:example.net:crossconnect4-1_5-2" />
>             </nml:relation>
>         </nml:link>
>         <nml:link idRef="urn:ogf:network:example.net:crossconnect4-1_5-2">
>             <nml:relation type="next-hop">
>                 <link idRef="urn:ogf:network:example.org:segmentBC" />
>             </nml:relation>
>         </nml:link>
>         <nml:link idRef="urn:ogf:network:example.org:segmentBC" />
>     </nml:relation>
> </nml:link>

(I introduced the whitespace again, since I think it got lost in
transmission somewhere).

I like this version. Introducing new id's should not necessary since we
already have globally unique values.
The use-case for these linked lists also does not seem to call for much
injection in the middle; if something changes in a segmented link, then
the elements change, or it is a whole new link.

Jeroen.