[Nml-wg] xml list examples

Roman Łapacz romradz at man.poznan.pl
Thu Dec 9 09:42:46 CST 2010

W dniu 2010-12-09 16:29, Jason Zurawski pisze:
> On 12/9/10 10:06 AM, Roman Łapacz wrote:
>>> I am not convinced that we have carefully weighed the options that
>>> Aaron originally sent, since its only been about a week. In fact if
>>> you look above, they are no longer present in this email thread. We
>>> have drifted off-topic into other unrelated areas including the above
>>> discussion about attribute namespaces.
>>
>> I assure you I analysed the options that Aaron sent :) I don't agree
>> that the use of attributes of collection namespace does not belong to
>> the topic (I agree that for referencing the proposal presented by you is
>> the best one but for ordering the solution of attribute namespace may be
>> worth to consider). I would say it's an other additional option.
>
> I am not sure I follow why attributes of different namespaces applies
> to the proposal to order XML elements.  If you think they are related
> thats fine, but if memory serves me these were two different topics at
> OGF 30.

To be honest I don't remember that attributes of a different namespace
was discussed in the context of ordered list. I would say that was
discussed in the context of referencing but I'm not sure.

Presented proposal of attribute in collection namespace was the result
of my thinking how it could be done without adding new elements which
don't represent topology but only ordering (they are not neccessary for
topology description but to deal with the problem in xml implementations).

Cheers,
Roman