[Nml-wg] [Nsi-wg] Conversation about ITU concepts with Ciena folks

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Tue Sep 8 09:43:24 CDT 2009

Hello Guy,

Guy Roberts wrote:
> Thanks for pointing this out - I have misunderstood the
> definition/use of transitional links.  But now I really have a
> problem seeing the point of NML using transitional links.  Re-reading
> I wonder if this is perhaps a concept only required for George's path
> computation on a 'flattened multi-layer topology' idea?  This is what
> he says about this:

I think that one of the NSI use-cases for the NML schema is that it
should be able to provide a topology for pathfinding. One that is as
abstract and simplified as possible, while still allowing for
multi-layer pathfinding.

I'm not sure wheter the Transitional Link is a good solution for this or
not. We should try to pursue this idea further.

Jeroen.