[Nml-wg] Terminology table (was: OGF 25 Meeting minutes)

Freek Dijkstra fdijkstr at science.uva.nl
Tue Mar 3 10:40:36 CST 2009

Ralph Niederberger wrote:

> About 20 attendees have been present (please check)

Uh, 21, why do you want this checked?
(I copied the attendee list. If someone really is interested, I can type
the names)

http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15512

>    (only informational, that different standards use different
> terminologies
>     and for checking, which terminology to use when talking to each other)

It's a comparison between terminology of NML, G.805, NDL, cNIS, NM-WG,
VXDL, and others. I tried to distinguish between different concepts.
However, concepts often overlap, and technologies don't make a
distinction between the two (e.g. between logical and physical devices).

Feel free to make corrections yourself and upload to gridforge or mail
them to me. I'm sure not everthing is perfect in there!

Regards,