[Nml-wg] Issue tracker / use cases

Freek Dijkstra fdijkstr at science.uva.nl
Tue Mar 3 09:04:49 CST 2009

Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> - Latex SVN repository (Freek)

We will re-use the nml-base repository at:
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/scm/do/listRepositories/projects.nml-wg/scm

> - Issue Tracker (Freek)
>    - NSI Issues (John&Freek)

This is intended to be a *practical* list of examples, that we like to
be able to describe with NML-WG. I like to use this as a starting point
for informative examples in deliverables 2 and 3.

http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.nml-wg/wiki/IssuesTracker

If you can think of any other *practical* use case, PLEASE do add it to
the wiki. Remember, shorter is better!

Some suggestions:

- describe a patch panel
- historic data (time based information)
- aggregation multiple devices into a network
- switching capability of an wavelength selective switch
- describe Ethernet interface in a SONET switch that embeds 1 Gb/s
Ethernet in 7 VC-4 with GFP-F.
- partitioning of a device (e.g. for virtualisation)
- broadcast switch, e.g. multiple interfaces in the same VLAN in a device.
- multicast network.
- describe a job description
- describe computing resources as end-points for networks (link to other
resources)

Regards,
Freek Dijkstra