[Nml-wg] Conference call

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Thu Jul 30 08:30:03 CDT 2009

At the previous call we decided to have the next call today:

Starting Time: Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 10:00 AM, US/Eastern
Duration: 1:00

To join both the web and audio conference (recommended), click here:
https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0186145
If you only want to participate in the audio conference, you may dial in
with the following numbers:
Call: +1-734-615-7474 (PSTN CALL-OUT DOES NOT WORK) or +1-866-411-0013
(toll free US/Canada Only)
Enter access code: 0186145

Jeroen and Chin reported that they are not able to attend. There have
been two items on the task list  (from Jeroen's mail July 10):

> Most important points:
> - Next teleconference is on July 30th at the same time (16:00 european,
> 10:00 eastern).
> - Martin will submit his work on defining the schema in text before the
> next teleconference.
> - Freek will prepare some use-cases and examples on cross-connects and
> adaptations, so that we can get a sense of how the schema works.

I should be reprimanded for not have this ready earlier. I have a
half-baked attempt of a use case on my computer right now, and will sent
it later. I already did notice I'm missing the concept of

There are a few other items to discuss:
- John Vollbrecht has recently looked in detail to G.800 for the NSI (I
am mostly familiar with G.805, a predecessort). If John attends I'm
curious to hear his opinion.
- Recently I have been approached by another standardisation body that
did some work on our topic (they have a UML representation to describe
network topology and looked at hypergraphs). While academic institutes
are welcome to join for free, their standards are not available for
free. How do others feel about this? I did look at the OGF guidelines,
but it is not explicit.
- Paola Grosso did a few (very) minor changes to deliverable #1 based on
comments (I promised this over a month ago, finally, she did - THANKS!).
I like to sent it to the OGF editor. Are people familiar with the
procedure (I'm not entirely).
- Should be try to get urn:ogf: delegated from IANA and urn:ogf:network
delegated from the OGF? Is that a task for us to do?

Regards,
Freek Dijkstra