[Nml-wg] [Nsi-wg] NSI issues - section 6 - naming

Guy Roberts guy.roberts at dante.org.uk
Mon Feb 23 12:03:07 CST 2009

Hi Chris,

I have attached a diagram of the most recent cNIS schema. The purpose of
cNIS is to act as a common network topology database with sufficient
detail to fully represent the main technologies included in the networks
of the GEANT partners.

The schema is made up of a common table to support generic nodes,
interfaces, links and connections, and additional tables for each of the
main technology types - IP, Ethernet, SDH, OTH/WDM and Fibre infrastructure.

The cNIS development now incorporates the IP and SDH technology tables
and is being used to retrieve the GEANT Juniper IP and Alcatel SDH
topology (I am not aware of the state of implementation of other
technologies).  I have attached a copy of the XML schema file for SDH
for reference.

Regards,
Guy

-----------

Chris Tracy wrote:
> Hi Freek,
>
>> Currently, the NML has not defined time information, but I expect that
>> we will copy the time concept that is currently defined in cNIS.
>
> Do you have any pointers to more information on common Network
> Information System (cNIS)?
>
> I've found several presentations/PDFs, but am interested in seeing the
> RDBMS schema or UML model...  I can't seem to find it.
>
> Thanks!
> -Chris

      **       Guy Roberts, PhD     Network Engineering & Planning
    *    *                          Tel:    +44 (0)1223 371300
   *      *    City House           Direct: +44 (0)1223 371316
   *           126-130 Hills Road   Fax:    +44 (0)1223 371371
  *            Cambridge
  *            CB2 1PQ              E-mail: guy.roberts at dante.org.uk
  D A N T E    United Kingdom       WWW: http://www.dante.net