[Nml-wg] Definitions of Topology, Domain and Network

Aaron Brown aaron at internet2.edu
Mon Dec 14 08:05:50 CST 2009

On Dec 14, 2009, at 7:47 AM, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As agreed at the last OGF, Inder and I have worked on the definitions of
> Network, Topology and Domain.
>
> - Topology: A connected graph of Network Elements
> The intended usage of this is to describe the thing that a network
> provider advertises to others as his network topology that is available
> for use.

So, in a case where a network has two disjoint subsets (e.g. Northrop Grumman's two campuses), they'll advertise two separate topologies?

Cheers,
Aaron

Winter 2010 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs
Hosted by the University of Utah - Salt Lake City, UT
January 31 - February 4, 2010
http://events.internet2.edu/2010/jt-slc/