[Nml-wg] Use case: a media converter (multi-layer)

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Fri Aug 14 07:59:36 CDT 2009

Hi,

I just got a call from Guy Roberts asking about some details about my
"Ethernet media converter" example.

Apparently, I did not use the G.800 terminology corretly, so I updated
the example. In addition, I added a PDF showing a graphical
representation of all descriptions (and a picture of an actual Ethernet
media converter).

Changes:
- use "adaptation source" instead of "adaptation"
- use "adaptation sink" instead of "deadaptation"
- use "from" instead of "source", as is now in the schema
- use "to" instead of "sink", as is now in the schema
- make it clear that the URN of technologies are just made up

Regards,