[Nml-wg] Issues from NSI

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Wed Aug 5 11:54:10 CDT 2009

Hello,

The NSI had a call today and some issues came up that are important for NML.

- John Vollbrecht brought up that the ITU-T G.800 standard provides a
better way of describing networks than G.805. I think it is important
that the NML studies the G.800 document and consider it as important
input to our base model.
In discussing the G.800 document in the NSI group some issues came up
regarding their definitions of Points and Ports. I'll forward that to
the NML list as well.

- Regarding the use of the ITU-T G.800 document, it was suggested that
we set up a formal relationship to the authors and WG/SG of the G.800
and G.805. Does anyone have a point of contact at the ITU-T so that we
can try to arrange this?

- The NSI requests that the model and syntax of NML can describe
capabilities, so possible cross-connects and adaptations.
I'm not completely sure whether that is a formal goal of NML, but I
think we already have something with our current definition of Service.

Jeroen.