[Nml-wg] Reference Model WG

Freek Dijkstra fdijkstr at science.uva.nl
Fri May 23 05:20:14 CDT 2008

Dear chairs (Paola and Martin),

Is any of you familiar with the Reference Model WG in the OGF?
I only found out about it just when looking through the agenda of OGF
23, and noticed that in the past they also had discussions on for
example "AdminDomain" [1], even though their goal seems mostly in
describing computing and storage elements, not so much network elements.

I have no clue if there is overlap, and how much, but I like to find
out. Unfortunately, their meeting collides with our second NML-WG
meeting (Tue 11:00-12:30).

Two questions: Is there overlap? Should we collaborate (or at least more
closely inform each other what we do)? Should we try to reschedule our
2nd meeting?

Regards,
Freek Dijkstra

[1] e.g. http://www.ogf.org/pipermail/rm-wg/2007-July/000081.html