[Nml-wg] PerfSONAR UML schema

Evangelos Chaniotakis haniotak at es.net
Mon Feb 25 11:59:36 CST 2008

Hi Freek, everyone.

The short answer is, in the PerfSONAR/IDC schema we're using
Port to refer to a physical interface, and Link to refer to the logical
interfaces running on a Port. The names are slightly misleading,
I guess.

This representation has the advantage of simplifying things, mostly
because broadcast segments and such are not represented as separate
objects; all connections between interfaces are represented by the
point-to-point Link -> remoteLink construct.

Of course this is not the "real" picture of the network, but in practice
this representation does seem to fit the current needs of the PerfSONAR
/ IDC community.