[Nml-wg] permissions (was: XML versus RDF)

Freek Dijkstra fdijkstr at science.uva.nl
Wed Feb 28 05:32:55 CST 2007

Paola Grosso wrote:

> I uploaded your document to the Draft folder. It was very straigthforward
> for me, so I wonder if this has to do with me having admin privileges. I
> am new to the system myself.

Paola,

Thanks for taking care.

To all others: apparently, to get permissions like this, you not only to
be a "member" of a project, but you only need to be assigned to the
proper group within a project (e.g. admin, secretary, chair, author or
member -- the later is obviously a confusing name). And finally, these
groups should grant practical permissions (view/create/edit/delete) for
all kinds of actions.

So next time you miss a function in gridforge, it's probably a
permission thing. Ask the chairs. They can add you to the proper group,
and verify that this group has the correct permissions.

Regards,