[Nmc-wg] Meeting Tomorrow (Sept 15th) @ 15:00 UTC

Roman Łapacz romradz at man.poznan.pl
Thu Sep 15 09:45:19 CDT 2011

Hi,

do we accept presence of unstandardised result codes which would extend
the standardised ones? For example:

http://perfsonar.net/status/servererror/data_fetch_error/database_down

Normally, implementations would ignore the last part (/database_down).
Only an implementation that is prepared for that additional piece in the
result code would make use of it.

I would say "yes" for such approach because it does non break the
standard and give some possibilities for service developers. In case you
agree with me this should be mentioned in the doc.

Cheers,
Roman