[Nmc-wg] Circuit monitoring - next draft of MDM proposal

Roman Łapacz romradz at man.poznan.pl
Thu Mar 24 08:24:02 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'm sending updated document of MDM circuit monitoring.

Aaron, Jason, all,  you can find a simplified version of client access
algorithm (section 5.3.2) but it still supports that one that you
formulated some time ago and we all accepted. It is simplified because
some assumptions  have been made in the use case with AutoBAHN (see the
picture in 5.3.2). Please, take a look at the examples of messages for
this algorithm but also for the workflow presented in 5.2.1. Check if
massages from and to the MA(at)/MA(t) are compatible with those for the
pS-PS TS. Also take a look at the example of massage that is sent from
the hLS to the gLS (section 9.2.3).

Some time ago we were talking about capabilities and dropping the
service type field in the lookup information. I found it very useful
while working on the examples of messages. Although the MA services
(MA(at) and MA(t)) store the topology information they can be treated as
the pS-PS TS if they support topology storage functionality and register
that with the hLS. Take a look at the examples of LSRegisterRequest type
(I've used the parameter eventType but probably normal eventType element
would be more suitable; but first I'd like to see your comments). So far
I've proposed 6 capabilities:

http://ggf.org/ns/nmwg/ops/storage/measurement/2.0  (for MA)
http://ggf.org/ns/nmwg/ops/storage/measurement/aggregated/autobahn/2.0
(for MA with data aggregated by AutoBAHN)
http://ggf.org/ns/nmwg/ops/creation/measurement/2.0 (for MP)
http://ggf.org/ns/nmwg/ops/integration/autobahn/2.0 (for SIP which
connects pS with AutoBAHN)
http://ggf.org/ns/nmwg/ops/storage/topology/2.0 (for TS or MA(t) which
store topology information)
http://ggf.org/ns/nmwg/ops/storage/topology/aggregated/autobahn/2.0
(for  TS or MA (at) which store the topology information aggregated by
AutoBAHN)

waiting for your comments
Cheers,
Roman