[Nmc-wg] Mappings: old result codes -> new result codes

Roman Łapacz romradz at man.poznan.pl
Thu Sep 30 07:45:27 CDT 2010

  Hi Jason, Aaron and others,

I attached mapping text file and MS Word doc with small updates (just to
have them together in one email).

W dniu 2010-05-27 21:08, Jason Zurawski pisze:
> Hi Roman/All;
>
> Some comments on the proposal:
>
> "Wrong structure of a request":
>
> Like Aaron, I think I am having a hard time with some of these as
> being a purely 'structural' issue.  For instance
> 'error.ls.data_trigger' - I would assert there is some context to be
> known about the content of the rest of the message before calling this
> structural issue (for instance if there was a data/metadata pair
> already).

If there is such data/metadata pair in a message than I wouldn't expect
to get error.ls.data_trigger. An example of xml message would help to
analyse such case.

> I think most of these are right, but we should be careful with the
> context before calling all of them a pure xml structure violation.

I still have the problem how much context should be included in the code
(mainly datum element contains a description).

> "EventType in a request is not supported":
>
> This also seems more context sensitive to me.
>
> "Request is not supported":
>
> I think 'message type unsupported' is different than 'no message type
> specified'

It just says ther's a problem with message type. Can we assume that if
there's no message type then default type is considered (default type
may be unspecified).

> "Elements of a request are not supported"
>
> I think we may need to be a bit more clear in the message.  Instead of
> 'wrong XXX' we may want to say 'unexpected XXX element' or something
> similar.  This will clear up of the content is wrong or the element is
> wrong.

Doesn't message_element_not_supported match here?

Roman