[Nmc-wg] Multilayer E2Emon

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Sun Oct 24 20:27:22 CDT 2010

Hi all,

Would there be time at the OGF upcoming week to discuss how to deal with
multilayer E2E monitoring?

Basically, we have been trying to implement something like that, but got
stuck, since the current XML was not going to work no matter how we bend
it. Peter Tavenier (a colleague of mine) and I asked for opinions on the
perfsonar-dev list, explaining our rational for doing this.

See:
https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/arc/perfsonar-dev/2010-09/msg00010.html and
more mails in that thread.

Frankly, the discussion that followed in our group at SARA reminded me a
bit on discussion we had on the NML list 3 years ago, and I'm not sure I
want to repeat that. Also I prefer to have a slightly faster time
progressing time. :~)

So I was hoping to get some feedback how to proceed and if other share
this interest.

Regards,
Freek