[Nmc-wg] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Call tomorrow - 1/14 @ 16:00 UTC]]

Michael Bischoff michael.bischoff at controplex.nl
Thu Jan 14 09:12:23 CST 2010

Hello all,

I'm afraid I am going to be too late for the conference call as I'm
traveling the upcoming couple of hours and I expect additional delays.
Because of the weather here and effect it has on public transportation
I'm losing a lot of work hours. This has already ate away my time to
prepare sufficiently for the conference call.

Some initial comments:
- I agree with the fact that we should pay good attention as to what
goes where and avoid ambiguity where possible. I'd hate to think how
the uninitiated is going to be able to make head and tails of certain
aspects. Getting that right  should also allow us to work more
efficient.
- With respect to error codes I think we should consider the following
aspects with regard to the ma/mp/.. issue: How much can be interfered
from the request(that the client fully understands as it's the one who
has send/created it) as well as whether fishing it out of the details
section is sufficient.
- I want to further underline Jasons comment with respect to setting
things in stone and the unlikely hood of getting things right the
first time. Also in this light I'd like to point out that there is an
other option then simply allowing flexibly to support unforeseeable
use-cases/fix errors later but there is also the escape hatch approach.

Kind regards,

Michael Bischoff