[nm-wg] topics for ggf

Dan Gunter dkgunter at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 1 18:17:53 CDT 2005

Hi all,

Here are some topics I would like to consider covering at GGF, that I
don't think we've discussed much as a group. Most of these come from
discussions with Martin Swany and Jason Zurawski.

- queries: possible ways to do XPath, XQuery, etc. across stored NM-WG
data. Demos should be given. Ideally, some performance comparisons would
be bandied about.

- test-scheduling: really a sub-topic of queries, but the use-cases are
different. This already had a lot of discussion during v1 schema
development, so my suggestion would be to "port" the decisions to v2
schemas.

- namespaces: recap of namespace discussions, and view to the future;
should we "root" our schema namespaces at schemas.ggf.org? how hard
would it be to get some support from the steering group on this idea?

- doc/literal vs. rpc/encoded (SOAP interoperability, take 5): rehash of
difference between the two, state of current tooling, implementation
implications, etc.

- profiles: as the "devguide" sinks ever deeper into the mire of good
intentions, one suggestion for making relatively quick and visible
progress is to author some short, sweet, "profiles" describing how to
use the NM-WG framework for particular measurement tools/scenarios.

-Dan