[LSG-RG] Proposed message

Richard Sinnott r.sinnott at nesc.gla.ac.uk
Sun Oct 28 13:37:55 CDT 2007

We can do this in the abstract, e.g. proteomics has strong HPC, data,
security mgt requirements etc hence needs Grid based solutions. But from
my perspective, we should be looking in more detail at the specific OGF
efforts and how they support proteomics based research (or not) - if
proteomics is the focus of this next meeting that is.

Otherwise we end up with a set of interesting presentations to life
scientists but serve no real benefit to the Grid community at large -
which surely is the point for folk to go to OGF meetings.

Note I have taken the liberty of copying these discussions to the wider
LSG-RG email list, since email discussions behind closed doors is one of
the issues this group needs to stop. More than happy for folk to
disagree with me...

Cheers,
R.