[lsg-rg] new impetus...?[MESSAGE NOT SCANNED]

Richard Sinnott ros at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Tue Apr 18 08:48:46 CDT 2006

I see the agenda for GGF17 in Tokyo has been established
(http://www.ggf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=298). Is this
confirmed and will all people listed be attending and presenting? I must
admit that I have no idea what will be presented above since I have not
seen any visible activity in this group/email list, and most of the
agenda look similar to previous GGFs (has the Best Practices in Life
Science Grids changed since last time or the time before that etc?).

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the next GGF, but I am keen
to see the work of this group progress. I previously suggested future
activities in two areas described below. Are people happy with this
idea? Can we start identifying people/resources/projects that can be
used to explore the bioinformatics and HealthGrid problem spaces, and
how we want to align ourselves with the GGF Grid Interoperability Now
activity for example?

My NeSC colleague (Anthony Stell) will be available to give a
presentation and demonstration on security focused Grid based clinical
trials and epidemiological studies. Can this be put in the agenda? Are
there other projects out there that are in this area that want to
present?

It might not be my remit to put such questions as I'm not formally the
LSG-RG anything, but the group needs to be more proactive if it is to be
worthwhile.

Rich