[jsdl-wg] requirements from BES/JSDL document to discuss on the call ( in about an hour)

Michael Saravo mts5x at virginia.edu
Thu Jan 19 07:24:55 EST 2012

Sorry if the last follow up email caused confusion, it should not have
been titled call in 3 hours, that was a reply to the original email I sent.

I have parsed the document that I had a task to do and below is what
came out.  I would like to discuss them briefly on todays call to get
feedback and then I will create tracker items for them.

unique-name attribute,
This is currently supported by GenesisII in the resource request element
It is used to group jobs, currently to manage a Scratch filesystem which
prevents duplicate files from being staged multiple times, but in the
future the use could be extended (to scheduling for instance)

Wall clock time restriction
**currently in posix not resource requirements

matching parameters
name/value pair that a job can use to indicate arbitrary properties to
schedule on
requires/supports

Profile that implements OGSA-WSRF-BP, all BES attributes are there for
interoperability

We need a way to determine what staging protocols a BES supports before
scheduling (possibly related to the above).

--Mike