[jsdl-wg] Proposed change of group leadership

Wieder, Philipp philipp.wieder at gwdg.de
Sun Nov 6 14:42:30 CST 2011

Dear All,

with progress comes change.

The JSDL working group produced a number of highly-acclaimed
specifications, something which we owe not least to the chairs of the
group. Unfortunately, all current chairs are, due to career changes, not
able to continue leading the working group. I know that it is not possible
to properly acknowledge their contribution here, but nevertheless: Thank
you very much Andreas, Mark, and Stephen.

Fortunately, we have people from the community who want to take the burden
from our current chairs and help us continuing our work. Therefore I
propose

Michel Drescher from EGI.eu and
Michael Saravo from University of Virginia

to become the new chairs of the JSDL working group. Both of them are
currently active in JSDL, have expertise and experience needed to take
over the responsibility, and they want to invest their time to continue
the work on JSDL.

I would like to ask the current chairs to let us know in case you want to
continue to chair the group. Please respond until Sunday, November 13,
2011, 23:59 UTC.

I would also like to ask the group to provide your thoughts.

On Monday, November 14, 2011, we will then formally propose the changes to
the GFSG.

Best regards, Philipp (JSDL secretary).