[jsdl-wg] jsdl leadership changes

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Fri Oct 22 02:19:24 CDT 2010

All,

We have been talking with the ADs and the GFSG about making some changes
in JSDL-WG leadership in order to allow the group to function more
smoothly and engage more effectively with other groups, especially PGI.

The proposed changes are
- Appoint Mark Morgan as co-chair in place of Darren Pulsipher, who
resigned some time ago
- Appoint Philipp Wieder as secretary, a position so far empty

Both Mark and Philipp have contributed to various OGF WGs over the years
and are well known by the community. Philipp has been leading the Activity
specification effort within JSDL-WG; Mark has a detailed understanding of
JSDL specs--Genesis II has implemented all JSDL specs including parameter
sweep--and is active in PGI.

Both Steve and I remain as co-chairs and will continue contributing to the
group as much as we can.

If anyone has any comments on this change please mail the list. The GFSG
has tentatively approved this change so unless there are strong objections
in the next few days we'll make the change official.

Unfortunately, there will not be any official JSDL sessions at OGF30 as
none of the chairs or proposed new chair can attend this time. I am sure
Philipp or Alexander will be happy to talk with people about these changes
and represent JSDL-WG in related sessions.

The group has typically done most of its work on regular teleconfs and we
expect to restart those after OGF30.

Thank you,
--
Andreas Savva