[jsdl-wg] JSDL 2.0 BOF?

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Fri Oct 1 09:12:03 CDT 2010

Philipp & Andrew

I described the outcome of discussions from previous OGFs in my last
email. I see no reason to collect topics and prioritize. There is a work
list already. If you want to have a JSDL-WG session then it should be a
working session to work on already identified items.

If you want to have an open-ended session then I think you really should
have a bof that is unaffiliated with JSDL-WG.
Andreas

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:08:31 +0200, Philipp Wieder
<philipp.wieder at udo.edu>
wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> then I would suggest we get a slot, collect topics and prioritize them,
> and make an agenda for OGF 30. I assume we will have a substantial
> amount of people there and other may join remotely.
>
> Best regards, Philipp.
>
> Am 01.10.10 15:03, schrieb Andrew Grimshaw:
>> All,
>> I very much would like to get the JSDL 2.0 work going. I'm sure we can
>> get a
>> slot from Joel.
>> Speaking as the Architecture area director, JSDL 1.0 and its extensions
>> has
>> been very successful, but along the way several impediments to
continued
>> use
>> for production systems have been identified (see PGI discussions of
>> almost a
>> year ago.) JSDL is the glue (no pun intended) that holds job interop
>> together. So keeping it up-to-date with emerging or deferred
>> requirements is
>> essential.
>>
>> I know I would attend a session with a list of items from Mark Morgan
(as
>> long as it is not on Friday, when I will be on a plane.)

Behalf
>> Of
>> Philipp Wieder
>> Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 6:38 AM
>> To: Andre Merzky
>> Cc: OGF JSDL-WG ML
>> Subject: Re: [jsdl-wg] JSDL 2.0 BOF?
>>
>> Count me in for work on JSDL. The question is whether we should (still
>> can) ask Joel for a slot.
>>
>> Best regards, Philipp.
>>
>> Am 30.09.10 18:43, schrieb Andre Merzky:
>>> Quoting [Andreas Savva] (Sep 30 2010):

>>> AFAIK, the GLUE WG plans to release a draft b y OGF-30.

>> of

>> it

>>> +1
>>>
>>> Cheers, Andre.