[jsdl-wg] note on XPath values in PS spec

Meredith, DJ (David) david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Mar 11 07:32:38 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Regarding the definition of the DocumentNode's Match element value (i.e.
the XPath value).
Do you think the text in the spec should be updated to define something
like:

"The [item] can be exactly one [attribute] node, [text] node or [atomic
value]. "

I think we need to specify either an [attribute] node or [text] node
because there are seven different [node] types and we should not be
selecting [document nodes], [element nodes] (which can have children),
[namespace nodes], [processing instruction nodes] and [comment nodes].

Best regards,
Dave

David Meredith
STFC eScience Centre