[jsdl-wg] JSDL Issues

Steven Newhouse Steven.Newhouse at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 14 09:22:58 CDT 2008

> An application that cannot handle spaces in the paths is
> a fact of life and we need to be able to describe that unfortunately
> circumstance.

But I'm not sure that this is the fault of JSDL. I can specify a file path in JSDL that does not exist - regardless of the 'correctness' of the application or not - that would seem to be my fault, not JSDLs.

A verification requirement in the BES would seem to be more appropriate. A local BES might know that BLAST on that platform can only have data files in /opt/data and that a file URL cannot have any spaces.

This might be something described in the Application Template specification or someplace else?

Steven