[jsdl-wg] JSDL Issues

Mark Morgan mmm2a at virginia.edu
Tue Oct 14 08:03:23 CDT 2008

I have to disagree.  My implementation is not correct in so much as my
job is to run jobs for scientists here at UVa.  Those scientist use
BLAST.  Blast currently cannot run on my implementation because my
implementation can have spaces in the path to where the BES jobs run.
Therefor I have failed my scientists.  We all know that BLAST is
crapping out on spaces because it is poorly written and in a perfect
world we would be able to justify the failure based off of that, but
unfortunately, we are in the business of supporting poorly written
applications.  An application that cannot handle spaces in the paths is
a fact of life and we need to be able to describe that unfortunately
circumstance.

-Mark