[jsdl-wg] Parameter Sweep discussions

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Mar 11 06:18:08 CDT 2008

geoff wrote:
> The idea which we're trying to develop is that we allow for both
> changing elements within the JSDL document (as per current draft param
> sweep spec) and also, as you implied, try to define a means of sweeping
> over placeholders in input files.

Thinking about this, I'm wondering if a small focussed extension to
splice values from the JSDL document into the input files would be
sufficient. This could then be mixed with the parameter sweep proposal
to achieve your desired overall effect.

On the other hand, getting the splicing right is very difficult in
general, but easy enough for specific cases (e.g. if you're only
tackling binary splicing of integers or textual splicing of numbers) so
it might be best to do something project-specific to start with.

Donal.