[jsdl-wg] Activity schema requirements

Alexander Papaspyrou alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Wed Apr 16 02:47:17 CDT 2008

Steven,

2008/4/16, Steven Newhouse <Steven.Newhouse at microsoft.com>:
> There is a lot of information going on here... how important is it that the information is
> recorded in one document as opposed to recording where the information can be
> obtained? It would seem a lot better that the BES endpoint remains the definitive
> source of the job status rather than some other document floating around the system...
> otherwise maintaining any form of consistency would be very hard IMHO.

I agree that there should be a fixed endpoint for retrieval. But which
BES would we use? Plus, will the service that initially creates an
activity instance for a client request have a BES interface no matter
what?

Regards,
Alexander

--
Dipl.-Inform. Alexander Papaspyrou
http://ds.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~alexp

 Robotics Research Institute                   phone : +49(231)755-5058
 Information Technology Section                fax   : +49(231)755-3251
 Dortmund University of Technology, Germany