[jsdl-wg] (Param Sweep) - New tracker items

geoff geoff.williams at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 3 05:44:08 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I've added a couple of new artifacts (hope nobody minds me doing this)
related to parameter sweep:

artf6183 : loop over decimal / float values

   Apparently there's been prior discussion and disagreement on this
functionality yet I can find no evidence of it. Could those involved
summarise what discussions took place and the conclusions reached please
- or a pointer to where this is all documented.

artf6184 : loop function naming

   Currently the draft defines the "Loop" element, which gives no
indication of the type, e.g. integer, decimal, being looped. As
non-integer types may arrive, with potentially type-specific
requirements, should we rename "Loop" to "LoopInteger"?

artf6185 : Schema representation for "any non-zero value" for a type

   For use as the step attribute type for a looping element perhaps?

If any of the above are of interest to anybody then comments would be
welcome.

I've also tried to establish contact with the Nimrod developers as they
have experience on the requirements of sweeping and so may be interested
in contributing to the process based on their "plan file" work. I'll add
the outcome in due course.

Regards,

gef