[jsdl-wg] JSDL-WG - Activity schema requirements session at OGF21

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Sep 20 01:57:11 CDT 2007

Hi Alexander,

Going into details of a dependency or workflow language isn't what we
have in mind for this session. Think of an Activity as the equivalent of
a single job in Fig.2 of the JSDL specification.

Actually, the dependencies/workflow topic was taken over by the ogsa-wg
a few months back. Progress has been slow for a variety of reasons,
probably best summarized as lack of consensus. The current plan is for
the ogsa-wg to do a community practice document to identify main
requirements. There is a session planned at OGF21 on Thursday (10/18)
1:30pm (http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=953)
and (small world) Steve is leading it. You might like to talk with him
for more details.

I'd be happy to meet and talk with you at OGF21 about your work, though
I don't think we can arrange a jsdl dependency session at the moment.

Andreas

--
Andreas Savva
Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd