[jsdl-wg] GSA scheduling extensions to JSDL

Ariel Oleksiak ariel at man.poznan.pl
Thu Apr 5 03:42:54 CDT 2007

Hi Donal,

We consider two issues (related to JSDL) in order to make schedulers
interoperable: JSDL profile and scheduling attributes.
In JSDL profile we are looking for a common subset of JSDL attributes that a
scheduler must support (e.g. they are needed for scheduling). So far we
looked at two schedulers only so we definitely need input concerning others.
Second issue, probably more interesting, is definition of scheduling
attributes. We came to the conclusion that something like scheduling
description language would be needed. We need to describe requirements
concerning time constraints, job dependencies, priorities, etc. First of
all, currently there is no spec that defines how to specify scheduling
requirements related to time (earliest start time, deadline, daytime windows
etc.). So far we proposed a draft of time constraints description. This
might be potentially considered as JSDL extension, however, SDL was decided
to be out of scope of JSDL :)
These both issues will be discussed on OGF20. Of course, we could also meet
together (both groups) to talk about it.

Cheers,
Ariel