[jsdl-wg] Request for clarification: DataStaging element without Source and Target children

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Fri May 19 04:10:31 CDT 2006

Hi Moreno,

> Now, I do not fully understand the meaning of having a DataStaging
> element without jsdl:Source nor jsdl:Target. How should we interpret
> this situation?

Since there is no specific statement about this in the specification you
should interpret it using the existing rules.
- There is no jsdl:Source so you don't stage in
- There is no jsdl:Target so you don't stage out
- If jsdl:DeleteOnTermination exists then use it, otherwise do nothing

This actually allows for the fringe (from our perspective) case of just
 cleaning up a file from a host.

Thanks, good question. We should probably add explanation in a future
version of the spec.

PS. At GGF17 I promised Chris Smith to start a tracker for this kind of
clarifications and I will upload this when I set it up.
--
Andreas Savva

--
Andreas Savva