[jsdl-wg] JSDL Meeting Minutes

A S McGough asm at doc.ic.ac.uk
Wed Jun 28 10:00:36 CDT 2006

All,

Here are the Minutes from today's telecon:

steve..

JSDL Telecon 28th June 2006
===========================

Present:
  Donal
  Andreas
  An
  Stephen

Items:

1) Parallel Application extension. We need some results for queries.
  Andreas: To chase up Naregi People. Two issues previously identified.
  Andreas: To write up as straw man document.
  Ivan: Still to come up with use cases.

  Andreas: Experimental status? namespace: jsdl-experimental
  Also list them on the grid-jsdl.org webpage
  namespace experimental.grid-jsdl.org
  Give people space on the Wiki after a presentation at a JSDL event

2) Parameter Sweep application extension. After the opportunity for
everyone
   to read the proposal sent out by Michel and the revised examples.

  Michel is comming up with a second draft which is quite different.
  Andreas: Need to scope out exactly what we want this to do
  Need some use cases and senarios

  Donal: Some sort of XSLT mangaler?

  Andreas: Do we say where people put things?
  Donal: Lets see what happens

  The outermost xsd:any - what should go there?
  Not clear if we can say that yet.

3) Further discussion of how we will deal with a base profile for JSDL.

  Needs to handle job without any extensions
  Base profile for computational jobs?

4) Meeting at OGSA f2f next month? Will there be enough people attending
   the f2f to make a JSDL break-out worth while. [This may end up being
   a JSDL meal out]

  Andreas: To check if we could get a breakout

5) Preparation for GGF18 or should that be OGF1?

  Deadline is July 7th.
  No of Sessions?
  OGSA is doing Information Model and BES / JSDL / RSS integration
  Suggested 2 sessions
  Subjects to discuss:
   - Parallel Job
   - Parameter sweep
   - Base profile?
   - General outreach
     - what is JSDL?
     - Plan for JSDL sessions
     - Spec errata

6) AOB

None

Dr A. Stephen McGough                       http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~asm
Technical Coordinator, London e-Science Centre, Imperial College London,
Department of Computing, 180 Queen's Gate, London SW7 2BZ, UK
tel: +44 (0)207-594-8409                        fax: +44 (0)207-581-8024