[jsdl-wg] Proposed Extension draft document

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Jun 20 08:54:01 CDT 2006

Michel Drescher wrote:
> here's a write-up of the parameter sweep extension.
>
> If possible, I'd like to have a discussion about it on the upcoming call.

A few comments.

  It's possible to structure the Assignment stuff so that the xsi:type
  arguments may be omitted. The key is that you have to declare elements
  and a substitution group as well. Given that, there's no ambiguity in
  the resulting documents and tooling like Axis does the right thing,
  generating an inheritance hierarchy.

  Your example (Appendix 2) omits required SweepGroup elements. This
  leads me to ask which is actually definitive about your proposal; the
  example or the schema/spec.

  It would be nice to be able to attach some kind of way of restricting
  the space being swept; I might want to sweep an even grid of points
  excepting omitting a few where I know there are singularities (e.g. the
  origin, a fairly common case!)

  Will it be possible to sweep over non-string content (e.g. element
  content)? Like this, it would be easy to sweep over, say, EPRs...

Donal.