[ogsa-bes-wg] Re: [jsdl-wg] Questions and potential changes to JSDL, as seen from HPC Profile point-of-view

A S McGough asm at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Jun 16 10:00:26 CDT 2006

Now thinking back to Hawaii on a Friday afternoon - that's a good thing ;-)

Yes - this is one of my concerns with specifying things. We don't want
to restrict things. Though we could have base cases such as "running an
executable"

steve..

Donal K. Fellows wrote:
> A S McGough wrote:
>> Thoughts?
>
> While I don't approve of thinking on Friday afternoon :-) I believe I
> agree with you. The only complication is the breadth of possible kinds
> of application types; we don't want to over-restrict ourselves there so
> that we can't do SQL queries or invoke webservices or the other things
> we talked about (thinking back to Hawaii).
>
> Donal.

Dr A. Stephen McGough                       http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~asm
Technical Coordinator, London e-Science Centre, Imperial College London,
Department of Computing, 180 Queen's Gate, London SW7 2BZ, UK
tel: +44 (0)207-594-8409                        fax: +44 (0)207-581-8024