[ogsa-bes-wg] Re: [jsdl-wg] Questions and potential changes to JSDL, as seen from HPC Profile point-of-view

Christopher Smith csmith at platform.com
Mon Jun 12 13:05:22 CDT 2006

I think you've definitely touched on the problem with using the CIM model,
but I have to imagine that the people discussing these issues in the DMTF
working groups have faced exactly the same issue as we're seeing, and the
result is that they went for this simple approach. So we can go through the
same exercise they did, perhaps with a chance that we arrive at a different
approach which allows us more flexibility, but I'm guessing we'd arrive at
the same place. How do we keep up (in standardization) with the fast
changing world around us? I for one want to make sure that when someone asks
me for a particular OS or processor type, that I can understand the "token"
that I'm given.

-- Chris