[jsdl-wg] [Fwd: Proposed extension]

Ariel Oleksiak ariel at man.poznan.pl
Wed Aug 30 07:51:57 CDT 2006

Hi All,

I just have a few questions/comments concerning the discussed extension.

1. I understand that there might be several dependencies related to a single
job. If so, you assume a conjunction or disjunction of dependencies? In
other words, ALL dependencies or ANY of dependencies must be met (e.g. jobs
finished) to start a job? In my opinion both cases are sensible and
justified so it would be useful to enable determining it in this extension.
However, dependencies would have to be probably grouped into groups
concerning particular jobs.

2. I understand that the condition 'before' means to start a job before
other job has been started?
I think the most general way to express conditions is to allow specifying
after which state of other job a given job must start (e.g. after start,
finish, failed, canceled etc.). The problem is that as I remember well
definitions of job states are not a part of the JSDL specification.

3. Have you considered passing output data from workflow jobs as input data
to another jobs in JSDL? To make it independent from chosen nodes there
should be a possibility to express input/output files as logical identifiers
unique within a workflow.

Just my 2 cents...

Best regards,
Ariel