jsdl introduction (was Re: [jsdl-wg] JSDL Schema Doc)

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Thu May 12 05:54:32 CDT 2005

Andreas Savva wrote:
> I am attaching a revised introduction to take into account Steve's
> comment below. I did a bit more rewriting though since the section was
> getting a bit outdated, especially after the addition of Fig.1.
>
> Comments welcome.

Looking good. A few minor niggles...

Polishing the figure: add a bit of color to the various agents and pick
out the JSDL documents in a different color as that makes it clearer
what parts of the system we are talking about (I suggest pale blue and
light yellow, respectively, but anything pale[*] and far apart on the
standard color wheel will do nicely).

In the paragraph after the bulleted list, better to read:
   Such information (e.g. unique job identifiers or job status values),
   typically maintained by underlying job management systems, may be
   available in separate documents or added to JSDL 1.0-compliant
   document through element extension.

Should add a sentence to mention what sections 8 and 9 are, probably on
the end of the paragraph that states where the normative schema is.

Donal.
[* So the picture remains legible when printed in monochrome. ]