[jsdl-wg] Meeting minutes May 2

Darren Pulsipher Darren.Pulsipher at xango.net
Tue May 3 09:48:07 CDT 2005

May 2, 2005

Attendees

            Darren

            Steve

            Ali

            Bill

            Donal

            Michel

Agenda

            Action Items from last call

            Document Status

Other

-----

Possible JSDL meeting to go with the OGSA F2F meeting in London.

Agenda & Minutes

----------------

 5) Section 3 (spec doc) general revision and polishing up

    - To be done...

    - Action: Andreas

    - Owners for: Glossary

                : Extending JSDL

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

 6) Update explanation for jsdl:other usage

    - jsdl:other is the value for e.g. other arch and OS name etc.

    - Have defined this and behaviours - have to be able to process it
and

      must reject the document if can't be processed.

    - To add extra information that is allowed to be ignored if can't be

      processed, but, jsdl:any can't be ignored.

    - Section 4.2 - placeholder (maybe better in the Extending JSDL
section).

    --> Action: Steve (with Michel) - as number 17

    --> On Going (03-May-2005)

    --> On Going (Almost Done)

 8) JSDL compliance levels

    How much of jsdl a system must support, not just process.

    Probably a topic for later.

    - Placeholder, will come up later!

    [DONE] - Action: Michel

    --> Action: ALL to review Michel's e-mail to list: JSDL compliance
levels

http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/jsdl-wg/2005/04/msg00111.html

    --> Action: Ali to edit Michel's proposed entry (03-May-2005)

 9) The statement "If not supported then the consuming system MUST
reject

    the document." needs a bit more explanation or re-write.

    - Related to number 8 above.

    - Refer to notational convention

    [DONE] - Action: Michel

    --> Action: ALL to review Michel's e-mail to list: JSDL compliance
levels

http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/jsdl-wg/2005/04/msg00111.html

    --> Action: Ali to edit Michel's proposed entry (03-May-2005)

11) Filesystem name and type and filesystem reference in DataStaging

    - This needs to be specified? Needs more explanation?

    - Action: Andreas

    - FileSystemID changed to FileSystemName

    - Define well known filesystem names: HOME and TMP

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

*** 12) Mountpoint environment variable. Is the current approach ok, or

    should we provide a separate mechanism, e.g, a tag that if present

    provides the name of the environment variable in which the

    MountPoint value must be present.

    - If a Mountpoint environment variable is not specified, then the
name

      of the filesystem is used for the value of the env var.

    - Action: ALL to review spec section 5.5.12 and get back to the list

    - Issue to be discussed on the list.

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

14) DRMAA use case for defining filenames. We have to at least be able

    to show an example of how to define and stage out an <Output> file.

    - Action: Andreas

    [DONE]- Action: Donal to suggest alternative

    - Action: ALL to review Donal's suggestion on the mailing list.

    - Action: Donal to chase this on the list...

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

16) Process Topology needs review. In particular are the examples ok or

    not, are the definition correct and so on. Delete the yellow

    comments once that is done. Not sure if we should define the precise

    allocation behaviour or allow for that to be defined instead.

    - Action: ALL to review this section (Section 6 in 0.9.5-01).

        - ProcessCount to be put back into POSIX Application.

        - ProcessCountLimit in the POSIX Application.

    [DONE] --> Action: Chris to bring issues to list if any

    - Action: ALL to review discussion on this on the list

    - Action: Karl to send summary of discussion to the list

    - Action: Andreas to put final recommendation from Karl's summary in
the spec.

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

17) Section "Extending JSDL" needs an owner. I expect this section to be

    about 1 page long so should not be too much trouble.

    - Action: Steve (with Michel as wingman)

    --> On Going

    --> On Going (03-May-2005)

    --> On Going (Almost Done)

19) Re-check terminology for process topology and delete comments

    - Part of 16 Review

    --> See 16 above - On Going

24) Complete author information (see my entry as reference)

    - Leave to last... Placeholder

    --> Action: Ali to pick this up.

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

25) Update contributors and acknowledgements

    - Leave to last... Placeholder

    --> Action: Ali to pick this up.

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

26) Complete list of Normative references, e.g., CIM is still missing.

    - Leave to last... Placeholder

    --> One for CIM (http://www.dmtf.org/standards/cim/) version 2.8

    --> Action: Donal, pass ref for lists from CIM to Andreas.

    - Action: Donal - Add reference for POSIX.

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

    --> On Going

31) Complete example sub-sections