[jsdl-wg] jsdl version 1 draft 18 (aka 0.9.5-03)

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon May 2 02:41:06 CDT 2005

New snapshots of spec and schemas are on gridforge:
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/jsdl-wg/document/draft-ggf-jsdl-spec/en/18
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/jsdl-wg/document/jsdl.xsd/en/12
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/jsdl-wg/document/jsdl-posix.xsd/en/2

There are still a number of inconsistencies due to open issues etc. I
changed the numbering in this version as I described in the last release
email (since nobody complained about it....). So this is "Version 1.0,
draft 18".

Summary of changes:
-------------------
0. changed numbering to version 1.0 (draft XX) and XX is the version
number on gridforge (as proposed in last release email).
1. hostname to candidatehost change (spec and schema: Steve)
2. namespace changes (table in spec and schemas: Michel)
3. deleted "octets of bits" (spec)
4. deleted appendix: Translation table -> to separate doc (spec)
5. deleted appendix: JSDL examples -> to separate doc (spec)
6. Updated limits text (spec: Donal)
7. Deleted User and added UserName and GroupName to POSIXApplication
(spec and schema)
8. deleted 'prepend' (spec and schema)
9. changed FileSystemID to FileSystemName (spec and schema)
10. CIM reference, cross-checked values in operating system and made
sure they are 'correct' relative to the referenced cim version (2.9). I
deleted a couple of values as a result.
(As Donal mentioned we are not using CIM for the values of Processor
Architectures. Do we want to use CIM or are we ok with defining our own
values. There is a minor inconsistency in informative text.)
11. updated fig.1 & 2 (but fig 2 is still needs some work)
12. Other minor changes (incl accepting some older changes)

Sorry for being a bit late with this snapshot.
--
Andreas Savva
Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd